Russian River Brewing is among a dozen smaller craft brewers nationwide chosen by craft big-boy Sierra Nevada for a collaboration in 2014 to celebrate the Chico-based brewery’s planned opening of a new East Coast plant. The idea is that the 12 brewers will come to Chico to work with Sierra Nevada’s brewers to develop a collaborative beer that will be released as part of a commemorative 12 pack, TheBeerNews.com reports.
The list isn’t complete but so far is looking like this, and in addition to Russian River it includes some gems:
- Allagash Brewing, Portland, Maine
- Ballast Point Brewing, San Diego, Calif.
- Bell’s Brewery, Kalamazoo, Mich.
- Cigar City Brewing, Tampa, Fla.
- Firestone Walker Brewing, Paso Robles, Calif.
- New Glarus Brewing, New Glarus, Wis.
- Ninkasi Brewing, Eugene, Ore.
- Oskar Blues Brewing, Longmont, Colo. (which happens to be the third happiest place in the country, according to this)
- Three Floyds Brewing, Munster, Ind.
- Victory Brewing, Downingtown, Pa.