Quantcast
 

Here’s a weird one: Fox 31 in Denver reports that a local dog named Q died after eating spent hops from her humans’ experiment in homebrewing. Turns out that spent hops are quite toxic to dogs, causing a dangerous spike in body temperature. Poor Q’s body temperature shot up to the 108-9 range and the dog was dead in just 12 hours, despite the best efforts of a vet.

The vet advises keeping spent hops in a covered trashcan or otherwise hiding them from pets.

Now you know.

- Sean Scully

Be Sociable, Share!